TITLE : Marketing Manager
DEPARTMENT : Sales and Marketing
REPORTING TO : Executive Manager: Brand, Sales & Marketing
Included but not limited to the following:
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To Manage and develop all aspects of Marketing Strategies and implementation thereof (Digital Marketing, ATL and BTL Marketing)
- With Management, improve the Hotel’s awareness with a direct impact of increasing of sales to Kruger Shalati and Kruger Station
- Ensure that Kruger Shalati is portrayed to the Global Markets as the top 5-star hotel/lodge hybrid of choice within the Kruger National Park
- Ensure that Kruger Station is portrayed to both local and the Global Markets as the top artisanal restaurant and a ‘must visit’ of choice within the Kruger National Park for all guests whether day visitors or over-night visitors
Manager of Others
- Getting results through own personal effort
- Developing technical skill
- A mind-set, “how can I make a bigger contribution?”
- Valuing company approach & professional standards
- Planning for personal success
- Effective team member
- Individual tasks & results
- Getting results through others
- Team Management
- Building expertise in others & developing own managerial skill
- A mind-set, “how can I motivate my team and enable them to deliver more with less?”
- Valuing & respecting individual team members & diversity
- Planning for self & team
- Taking accountability for making others successful – removing obstacles to team performance
- Team results week in week out
LEVELS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Reporting primarily to the Executive Manager: Brand, Sales & Marketing and the Executive Manager: Operations secondarily
- Supports the Sales and Reservations Function
- Supports the Operational Departments on events
- Has budget responsibility
LEVELS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible for own performance with significant daily managerial responsibility overoutsourced suppliers, while consulting with sales and reservations managers about success of campaigns and promotions as well as awareness campaigns on a daily bases.
SKILLS, EDUCATION, and QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Grade 12 or equivalent,
- A Marketing Management qualification,
- 4-5 years’ experience in Marketing Management and Speciality Events Development roles within the Luxury 5-star environment. Has exceptional insights into the workings of the digital marketing function as well as traditional marketing channels
- Proficiency in English (Verbal, Written, Reading)
- Strong writing skills
- Good understanding of design principles and creative collateral needs
- Good understanding of Brand roll-out on all touch-points
- Proven abilities in developing and nurturing interpersonal relationships with suppliers, guests and colleagues
- Demonstrated experience using:
– Microsoft Office Suite to at least Intermediate level
Advantageous – experience using:
– Reservations Systems
– Adobe creative suite
– Event management skills
- Above average ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation,
- Above average ability with problem solving and negotiation
- Persuading and Influencing
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Planning and Organising
- Driving and Persevering
- Quality Orientation
Financial: Satisfied Shareholders
- Playing a key role in achieving annual Rooms and Restaurant Revenue targets by ensuring that Kruger Shalati and Kruger Station is placed in guest and supplier front of mind through focused public relations efforts
- Works to develop Special Events revenue channels in conjunction with events consultants when applicable and to exceed the annual financial targets
- Taking commercial decisions on the awarding of contracts to suppliers
- Manages marketing material budgets to within agreed limits while ensuring value for money purchases
- Manages trade exchanges/’barter deals’ to secure preferential services for the hotel within the agreed policy and strategy in conjunction with the reporting executive manager
- To pursue the targeted increase in bookings through the website booking channels
- Promoting the Kruger Shalati value proposition confidently to secure the highest possible rate per room sold
- Promoting the Kruger Station and its various offerings’ value proposition confidently to secure revenue from sales of these entities
Customer Service: Delighted Customers
- Models the Organisational Values
- Actively promotes Kruger Shalati and Kruger Station as a ‘must include’ on all safari itineraries
- With Motsamayi Marketing, develops the Kruger Shalati and Kruger Station Brand to ensure that we exceed our guest’s expectations.
- Managing all OTA’s in conjunction with Sales Manager and Reservations Manager
- Actively seeks innovative ways to keep a conversation going between Kruger Shalati and its customers.
- Be available to conduct site inspections and meeting guests, hosting agents as/when required.
- Ensure that all Kruger Shalati and Kruger Station promotional and public relations material reaches the customer on deadline.
- Planning and marketing of the annual Kruger Shalati and Kruger Station events calendar
- Ensure that all promotional material for trade shows is available and set up for each show on deadline.
- Responsible for organizing gifting to clients and special occasion days like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Valentines etc.
- Creating new packages including “celebrate the extraordinary” and “stay a little longer”.
- Creating collateral for events such as the ‘Wine in the wild’ ‘Fireside chats’ and ‘Cigars under the Stars’ events any any other value-add events in future
- Retain beneficial relationships with the Reservations, Food & Beverage and Front Office departments to ensure the efficient flow of communication and optimal service delivery.
- Researches, selects and purchases Gifts for valued clients and trade partners when needed
- Where required and appropriate, responds to guest feedback generated through the various on-line feedback platforms
Processes: Effective Processes
- Ensure that all administrative requirements set by the department are adhered to, specifically; monthly reporting, market analysis, and guest feedback etc.
- Running collaborative campaigns such as special offers, events, awareness drivers, Special days (mother’s day, Father’s day, Christmas etc).
- Providing constructive and timely feedback to the operation on changes in market trends; with suggestions for action.
- Ensure that all marketing, stationery, and PR collateral is updated and that the brand integrity is fully respected.
- Compilation of monthly marketing statistics report (including Instagram, Facebook, “GuestRevu”, LinkedIn etc), campaigns and upcoming events within the 01st week of the month for distribution to Executive Manager
- Regular newsletters through “Touchbase pro” and monitoring of statistics including content planning.
- SEO audits and implementation.
- Monthly AdWords management.
- Administration and coordination of agent educational visits.
- Planning and executing of Photo and Styled ‘shoots’ for the creation of marketing and promotional materials.
- Management of the content creator on relevant content plans for social media and website.
- Management of the PR agency on relevant content plans for media coverage and crises management communication.
- Assist with identifying and implementing new systems and procedures which will further enhance the Marketing process and productivity of the department.
- Ensure accuracy and attention to detail in all correspondence and systems within the role.
- Manage and support enquiry turnaround, call handling, etc. within the standard turnaround times.
- With the Executive Manager, manages the hotel Corporate Social Investment efforts.
Learning and Growth: Motivated and Prepared Workforce
- Takes responsibility for own learning and growth by researching the market, staying current with the state of the art (Marketing and PR technique and practice), and continuously improving communication and conflict handling skills
- Research and obtaining working knowledge of all reporting systems
- Ensure that all specialist employees are fully skilled to enable excellence of performance within the department.
- Manage all out-sourced services contractors related to the department – such as design, newsletter distribution, PR agency etc
- Arranges the employee year-end functions and award ceremonies.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gain and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the hotel, its service culture and all services provided to the guest.
- Maintain the highest standard of service, promptness, appearance and social skills set according to the company policy.
- Work in harmony with all departments and employees, with a willingness to assist others when required.
- Attend all training workshops as and when required.
- Be familiar with all policies and procedures, house rules, fire, security and emergency procedures as well as all checklists pertaining to the position.
- Perform any reasonable duty as instructed by the Executive Manager.
- Attend relevant meetings in the absence of the Executive Manager.
To apply for the position, please forward a motivational letter, an updated CV with a picture of yourself to email@example.com. Please indicate if you are a Skukuza land claimant with the group name and group number.
**Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 21 working days – please consider your application unsuccessful. Kruger Shalati reserves the right not to fill the position, to postpone or re-advertise the role. Preference will be given to Kruger Land claim beneficiaries